Thursday, February 23, 2012

Remembering Christchurch



Card: real red, basic black, whisper white
Ink: real red, basic black
Stamp set: strength & hope

Accessories: petal cone die, big shot, perfect polka dot embossing folder, basic black 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, real red grosgrain ribbon


I made this card in memory of Christchurch (I finished it late last night), a year on from the devastating earthquakes that they have experienced. I wanted to keep it simple, but portray courage, strength and resilience like the people of Christchurch. I also wanted it to be red and black - the Cantaburian colours. I know I have used a lot of butterflies lately, but I just had to add one inside the card to portray the new life and hope that has come out of the devastation, tragedy, and enormous loss of life that the people of Christchurch have experienced. Kia kaha, Christchurch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It's appreciated!