Thursday, March 15, 2012

Punch art madness!

I thought I would share another Stamp Camp project today. Vicki-Lee showed us how to make this oh-so-cute cute pengiun card, and very cute lion calendar (an easel card) - she is the queen of punch art! I wasn't too sure what to think of these projects at first, but they are definitely growing on me. May have to invest in some more of Stampin' Up!'s wide range of punches...! While these were fidley to put together, it's quite amazing what you can up with with a snip here and a snip there from the different punches that are available. I ended up cutting one of the pieces for the pengiun incorrectly, so I had to improvise and it hasn't turned out quite the way I wanted it to, but it's still pretty cute :-)

If I created these projects again, I would make sure I had my sponges or daubers handy (forgot to take them to camp, doh!) to highlight the edges. This would create more depth and dimension to the punch art. I have only tried this technique once before, so I thought I did pretty well, all things considered...

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhh Anna!!!! They are both soooo cute!!!! Absolutely love them. Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It's appreciated!