Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Easel card

Card: old olive, rich razzleberry, whisper white, rich razzleberry dsp
Ink: old olive, rich razzleberry
Stamps: because I care, silhouette sentiments
Other: sponge, scallop trim border punch, rhinestones, rich razzleberry ribbon

This is my first attempt at an easel card - I got inspired by last week's JAI challenge and decided to try out one of the pretty folds that the designers presented. I was too late to enter the challenge, but wanted to give it a go, anyway.

I sponged the whisper white panels on one edge (and made this the top for the front and the bottom for the inside), stamped the flower image randomly across the bottom, then stamped the sentiment towards the top. I placed a strip of card (punched with the scallop border punch) across the bottom of the inside panel to keep the top part up and to create the easel. Ribbon and rhinestones finish it off!

I love the way the easal card is a little interactive, but can also fold away to give to someone, or to send to someone special. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Lovely feminine card, Anna! I am yet to try an easel card but will be pleased if my first attempt is anywhere near as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It's appreciated!