Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Lovely as a tree birthday


Card: very vanilla, pool party, soft suede
DSP: spice cake
Ink: pool party, soft suede
Stamp set(s): lovely as a tree, curly cute
Accessories: pool party ruffled ribbon

This was a quick and easy project, but I love use of dsp and ribbon to bring some colour and texture.  I've stamped a sentiment, added three squares of dsp, and layered the very vanilla onto pool party, then on to the base of soft suede.  I sponged the dsp squares to highlight the patterns, then stamped a leaf on the inside panel with the rock 'n' roll technique.  Add some ribbon and you're done!

I put this card together for my mother's card tin as she said she was running out of cards...  A stamper in the family is alway handy!  I made a number of other cards for her and gave them all to her for her birthday.  I'm thinking she'll love handing this one on to someone :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It's appreciated!