Thursday, October 18, 2012

Happy Birthday Mum!

Card: lucky limeade, wisteria wonder, whisper white
Ink: lucky limeade, wisteria wonder
Stamp set: delicate doilies
Accessories: old olive button, wisteria wonder baker's twine, ornament punch, tombow

I know it's been ages since I've added anything here...more on that in a mo.

I had made this amazing wisteria wonder flower awhile back, and since my mother was having a birthday (and she loves purple!), I decided to use it on her birthday card.  She loved it! A very quick and easy project for me to complete...

For the flower, I punched out lots of petals with the ornament punch and crumpled them to split the card-stock.  It was just a matter of building up the flower from the base with the petals, using tombow, and moving the petals around to fill it out. The button and baker's twine added some interest.  Lots of fun!  The stamping was a matter of using two of the delicate doily stamps in two different colours on the whisper white.  Loving this colour combo, and the big flower!

Well, that said, I've been laying low while I've been on more chemo treatment...  It's gone well, and is only for 5 days of the month (at the end of the month, I would have gone through this regime 3 times).  But chemo isn't fun - it leaves me tired, nauseas, with a metalic taste in my mouth, and feeling a little achy. But, the good thing is, it doesn't last long, and the med's I can take for the side-effects are fantastic!  I've started back at work for a few hours on Monday's, Wednesday's and Friday's, which has been great.  I'm enjoying getting back into some structure and routines, and thinking about some different things.  Not much else to report, except to say that my hair has finally stopped falling out, and has started to grow back - yay!  I'm grabbing those positive things with two hands right now!

Thank you again for your thoughts and prayers...they've been so appreciated!

4 comments:

  1. A lovely card. Great colour combination and the flower you made looks wonderful.

    You don't know me, but I saw your blog on NZSU. Sorry to hear about your chemo treatment, not nice to have to go through. It is good to hear that you have some structure and routine again. I look forward to seeing more of your creations when time permits for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Anna - we have missed you and your gorgeous creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dont know if my comment actually posted or not so here it is again. Glad to see you back blogging and getting a bit of "normal" going on. You are one gutsy lady! hugs and positive thoughts coming your way

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Anna. Your flower is awesome!

    And I am so glad to hear that things are going well for you back at work and that your hair has started to grow back! Good for you for focusing on the positives :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It's appreciated!